SBSA 2020 Video Contest “Small is Joyful” Guidelines
We invite all small boarding schools that are registered to attend the 2020 SBSA conference to participate in this exciting contest. The purpose of these videos is to illustrate how small boarding schools are joyful environments and experiences.
Register to submit a video: November 15, 2019
Submit the video: January 29, 2020
How do Schools Register for the "Small is Joyful" Video Contest?
In order to be eligible to enter the video contest, schools must FIRST register to attend the 2020 Annual SBSA Conference.
- If you haven't already registered for the conference, click here: "Register Now: SBSA Conference 2020".
- Schools can then register to enter the "Small is Joyful" video contest by clicking here: "Register Here to Enter the Video Contest"
What are the "Small is Joyful" Video Contest Guidelines?
- Each video submitted must contain the title "Small is Joyful" as well as the name and location of the school.
- Only ONE video submission from schools registered for the conference is permitted.
- Videos can be 1 – 1 1/2 minutes in length (90 seconds maximum).
- Although student and/or staff original music is encouraged, both original and cover music is accepted in addition to royalty-free music (this allows videos to be posted online).
- Videos can be a skit, a music video, or just a song – the focus is to demonstrate how “Small is Joyful”.
- The judges encourage videos that involve collaboration with students and staff.
- ALL videos must demonstrate the "Small is Joyful" message, highlighting the merit of how these supportive, family-like settings are good for students.
- Register for the SBSA Conference 20202.
- Register for the Video Contest by November 15, 2019:
- Note the category you intend on entering
- Categories may change when entries are submitted (i.e. initial thought was a student video only but then a staff member had to help to meet the deadline).
- Submit the Video by January 29, 2020.
- Follow above guidelines in creating the video
- Confirm the category you are entering in an email, along with the video to: email@example.com
- You will get an email acknowledgement when you register and when your submission is received.
How are the "Small is Joyful" Videos Judged?
Winners will be selected from the following four “Small is Joyful” categories:
- Created Professionally
- Created by Staff & Student Collaboration
- Created by Students Only
- People’s Choice
The four winning videos will be screened during the video contest awards ceremony on the last day of the conference.